1. Glen Hansard – “Once” – It’s my favorite because this album was so simple, yet so rich. I wish I had written some of these songs.
2. Ben Folds – “Way To Normal” – Simple because of Cologne, this album like many of Ben’s albums really moves you, then makes you laugh one song later.
3. Death Cab for Cutie – “Narrow Stairs” – This album is just a ton of what makes Death Cab so catchy. It’s so hard to make follow up albums, and this one can hold its own.
4. Joe Hedges – “Curvature” – Something about July for Kings solo project that is just incredible, this might be an 06/07, but I got into it this year, and it deserves to be on the list for me.
5. Ryan Adams – “Easy Tiger” it takes 2 when it used to take one. Ryan getting back to being a rock star, but carefully balancing the cardinals influence.